Sennheiser Updates Evolution Wireless Series With New Specs
Sennheiser's popular Evolution wireless series gets an upgrade.
The German company is offering its new evolution wireless G4 series in four different lines, 100, 300, 500, and IEM, for live sound, business/education, and broadcast/film markets. Like the popular G3 series, kit options are offered that include bodypack transmitters and receivers, lavs, plug-ons, handheld mics, and rack-mounted receivers.
While the entry-level 100-p G4 series only sees a rehousing update from its G3 predecessor, the 500 models integrate a new chipset to allow for 2,880 frequencies across an 88 MHz band where up to 32 channels can be used in parallel, compared to 12 presets (20 manually) with the 100-p G4 series. So in essence, you're getting 1,200 additional frequencies over the 100-p G4 which is a good thing if you're in a crowded RF environment.
100-p G4 series kits
- ew 135-p G4 (SKM 100 G4 handheld transmitter w/ e835 cardioid capsule, receiver, accessories) $599
- ew 112-p G4 (ME 2-II omnidirectional lav, transmitter/receiver, accessories) $599
- ew 122-p G4 (ME 4-II cardioid lav, transmitter/receiver, accessories) $599
- ENG Combo (ME 2-II, transmitter/receiver, plug-on, accessories) $799
500-p G4 series kits
- ew 512-p G4 (MKE 2 lav, transmitter/receiver, accessories) $899
- ew 500 BOOM G4 (transmitter/receiver, plug-on, accessories) $899
- Pro Film Combo (MKE 2, transmitter/receiver, plug-on, accessories) $1,295
More of No Film School's coverage from the NAB showroom floor: