A Thanksgiving Miracle & Are Big Changes Coming for Final Cut? [PODCAST]
This episode of Indie Film Weekly starts off with something rare - a little bit of good news.
Jon Fusco and Erik Luers are stranded together in Brooklyn for yet another turkey day, but a major announcement from The Criterion Collection has given them plenty to be thankful for. On the other side of the coin, we take a moment to remember one of the greatest American screenwriters of all time.
Charles Haine joins us for gear news where big changes may soon be coming for Final Cut users and on Ask No Film School - how do you avoid casting shadows when setting up your lights?
As always, the show also brings news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, industry wisdom, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- Is FilmStruck Coming Back?
- Scorsese, Spielberg, DiCaprio, and Others Fight To Save FilmStruck
- Douglas Rain, the Voice of HAL 9000, Passes Away at the Age of 90
- William Goldman, Legendary and Prolific Screenwriter, Dies at 87
- How DP Phedon Papamichael Created the Cinematic Language of Humor in Alexander Payne's ‘Downsizing’
- Ranking the 'Rocky' Movies In Order of Greatness
- How Margarethe von Trotta Searched for Ingmar Bergman
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
- The Roy Dean Grant/From the Heart Productions - December 1
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- The Cleveland International Film Festival - November 30
- The Short Shorts Film Festival - November 30
- Riverrun International Film Festival - December 1
- Downsizing - November 24