Erik Luers and Liz Nord are together again to discuss the state of the movie industry as we near the end of 2018 and how it could lead to a downward trend we'd all be happy to see take place. Plus there may be a new place on the map to move if you want to make movies, and it's not New York or LA.
Charles Haine joins us for gear news and dishes on not one, not two, but twelve new lenses you may want to keep an eye on. In Ask No Film School - how the hell do you get a documentary funded anyway?
As always, the show also brings news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, industry wisdom, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- 'An Evening With Beverly Luff Linn': How Jim Hosking Makes the World's Most Eccentric Films
- 'On Her Shoulders' Elevates Documentary Into a Powerful Living Memory
- 'A Successful Production Always Happens in Pre-Production': How Elite Climbing Cinematography Captured ‘Free Solo’
- How to Shoot a Feature Film for Only $7,000
- One Hundred Different Ways to Get Your Film Funded
- Insta360 Announces 180-Degree 3D Workflow for Pro Series Cameras
- Meet the 12 New Laowa Lenses For PL, EF, MFT & E-Mount Shooters
- Adobe Premiere Rush Makes Editing Anywhere You Want to Be Easier
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
- California Documentary Project: Research & Development Grant - November 1
- California Documentary Project: Production Grant - November 1
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- Atlanta Film Festival - October 25
- Newport Beach Film Festival - October 26
- Athens International Film and Video Festival- November 1
- Slice - October 18
- An Evening with Beverly Luff Linn- October 19
- Wildlife - October 19
- What They Had - October 19
- Mid90’s - October 19
- Halloween - October 19
This episode of Indie Film Weekly was produced and edited by Jon Fusco.