10 undergraduate or graduate student winners will receive $10,000 from Nikon to develop their visual craft.
Last year Nikon launched its first attempt at the Storytelling Scholarship, where Nikon offered up cash incentives for students to continue their work in a visual medium.
Based off of its success and impact for the Nikon brand, the company is running it again.
The contest is geared towards a specific collegiate milieu and is open only to "undergraduate and graduate students at an accredited, non-profit college/university or vocational/technical school in the United States or Canada pursuing degrees in visual arts, fine arts, journalism, film, photography and multimedia/content creation who will have completed their freshman year of college." If you fall into their criteria, you should definitely be applying for this scholarship!
“In launching this program for a second year, Nikon is reaffirming its dedication to supporting and encouraging the next generation of creators in their pursuits to become the confident, fearless voices of tomorrow.”
— Jay Vannatter, Executive Vice President, Nikon Inc.
You must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to receive The Nikon Storytellers Scholarship:
- You must be an undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited, non-profit college/university or vocational/technical school in the United States or Canada.
- You must complete your freshman year of college or academic equivalent prior to commencement of the 2019-2020 academic year.
- You must be majoring in visual arts, fine arts, journalism, film, photography, or multimedia/content creation.
- You must have a minimum cumulative 2.5 grade point average at time of application.
- You will need to provide a recommendation from a professor, teacher or academic advisor.
- If you are selected as a semi-finalist, you will be asked to provide a photo portfolio or video submission, description of photo/video submission and copy of academic transcript.
The Nikon Storytellers Scholarship Key Dates (2019-2020)
- Application Deadline: March 1, 2019
- Recommendation Deadline: March 1, 2019
- Semi-finalist Open: March 18, 2019
- Semi-finalist Deadline: April 15, 2019
- Notification of Selection Results: June 2019
- Funds Disbursed: August 2019