Starting in December, No Film School will be dedicating an entire week to sound, covering all the best tips and how-to's to get the most out of your project's soundscape.
To kick things off, we are having a 60 Second Sound Week Film Challenge to put your aural palettes to the test. The selected winner will receive a prize package worth over $1,500 from RØDE that includes microphones, wireless gear, and accessories. Plus, 2nd and 3rd place finishers will receive other cool RØDE gear.
Ready to show off your sound skills? Here are the contest guidelines:
60 Second Sound Week Film Challenge
To participate, entrants must produce an original short film with a maximum of sixty (60) seconds in duration. There are no genres, themes, or topics your short film needs to follow, but keep it PG-13.
Entrants will be judged by No Film School based on how they use sound to tell a story. This could be dialogue, sound effects, music, foley, or a combination of all of them. If you're looking for inspiration, check out how Edgar Wright uses sound in his films. But most of all, be original and make it unique.
Once you're ready, upload it with the hashtag #NFSSoundWeek on YouTube by Dec. 15, 11:59 p.m. (PT). Entries must use the hashtag #NFSSoundWeek and be 60ish seconds or less in order to be considered.
- The contest is free to enter and open to any person except for No Film School staff, contributors, and RØDE employees
- Entrants can only submit one video for the contest
- Content must original and free of copyright infringement
- Winners will be announced during Sound Week
- Prizes will be mailed after the contest ends
- Please have contact information available on your YouTube channel
Now get out there and get creative!
For more, see our ongoing coverage of Sound Week 2020.
No Film School's podcast and editorial coverage of the Sound Week 2020 is sponsored by Rode Microphones.