A true cinephile, Joe shares his experiences of working with great collaborators such as Spielberg and Roger Corman. He also explains that while filmmaking has changed since he started, newer filmmakers still have the opportunity to create great films.
In this episode, we talk about…
- Working for Roger Corman at the beginning of Dante’s career
- How Dante first became a “film nut”
- The influence cartoons had on his films
- Adding his naturally fragmented personality to each of his films
- When working on studio films, how it can be difficult to be expressive
- Exposing more people to great films that are underappreciated or underseen
- New filmmakers can accomplish a lot, even with little financial resources
Plus, don't miss Dante’s Curated List of Monstrous Mayhem, Sept. 3 on Shout Factory TV.
Subscribe to the No Film School Podcast on:
Get your question answered on the podcast by emailing email@example.com.
Listen to more episodes of the No Film School podcast right here:
This episode of The No Film School Podcast was produced by George Edelman.