This week in filmmaking deals: Start shooting medium format with this camera from Fujifilm, get $555 off a Genaray Box Lighting 36" Soft Strip 4-Light Standard Kit with Light Stands, $80 off a Hollyland Mars 400S SDI/HDMI Wireless Video Transmission System, and complement the GFX 50R with the FUJIFILM GF 63mm f/2.8 R WR Lens for $1,199 after securing a $300 mail-in rebate.
Have you wanted to venture into medium-format shooting? Need a new lighting setup? How about affordable monitoring solution equipment? Maybe a flashy lens?
We have a bunch of filmmaking gear deals for you that'll cover all of your production needs!
- Rangefinder-Inspired Body Design
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 30 fps
- 51.4MP 43.8 x 32.9mm CMOS Sensor
- 117-Point Contrast-Detection AF System
- Extended ISO 50-102400, 3 fps Shooting
- Bluetooth Low Energy, Dual SD Card Slots
- Weather-Sealed Magnesium-Alloy Body
- 3.2" 2.36m-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
The FUJIFILM GFX 50R is a sleek medium-format mirrorless camera that is notably portable and packed with impressive specs. Don't let the fact that it doesn't shoot 4K steer you away. This camera still produces a solid image at full HD 1080p30. Sure, it won't meet Netflix's standards, but it'll give you composition options few cameras can offer. It also takes incredible photos.
But why should you shoot medium format? The larger image area on medium-format cameras can produce around 70% bigger and higher resolution photos compared to those taken with full-frame cameras.
So if you're looking to get started, this is the best entry camera for you, especially if you're a photographer exploring video work!
- 4 x Soft Strip 36" LED Lights
- 60-Degree Beam Spread
- 5600K Daylight Color
- 4 x AC Adapters
- 4 x Dimmer Control Boxes with V-Mounts
- 3 x Heavy-Duty, Air-Cushioned Stands
- 1 x Impact Combo Boom Stand, 12.95'
- 5 x Orange Sand Bags, Filled, 15 lb
Create a signature look with the help of this unique source when you purchase the Genaray Box Lighting 36" Soft Strip 4-Light Standard Kit with Light Stands.
The kit includes four of the 5600K lights, a dimmer control box, a V-mount battery plate, a light stand, and five sandbags. These lights/stands were also built to last, so expect heavy-duty durability.
A great choice for those that are trying to spice up their lighting setup.
- Entry-Level 1080p60 Transmitter/Receiver
- 400' Range; L-Series Battery Plates
- SDI/HDMI Input and Output
- Wi-Fi Transmission to 4 Mobile Devices
The Mars 400S from Hollyland is a great entry-level transmitter/receiver system that'll help you achieve wireless video monitoring. One of the biggest strengths of this system is its easy accessibility.
The transmitter and receiver each have an SDI and HDMI connection, which expands your compatibility options and also lets you grow in case you only need one. It's also capable of sending the signal over built-in Wi-Fi to up to four mobile devices, which comes in handy quite often when you're in a time crunch.
These are a great option for pulling focus away from the camera, giving camera operators more room to maneuver.
- FUJIFILM G Mount
- 50mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/32
- One Extra-Low Dispersion Element
- Fluorine-Coated Front Element
- Dust- and Weather-Sealed Construction
- Command Position on Aperture Ring
- Rounded Nine-Blade Diaphragm
Have your eyes on the Fujifilm GFX 50R? Then this prime lens is a great companion to your new camera. The FUJIFILM GF 63mm f/2.8 R WR Lens is a sleek and versatile lens that will give you a fantastic image.
With this build, you'll get a 50mm equivalent focal length, a manual aperture ring, weather-resistant construction for use in inclement conditions, and a hydrophobic fluorine coating to repel moisture.
Not only does it produce a great image, but this lens is built to last through many sessions in harsh conditions.
What will you be picking up? Let us know in the comments!