On the heels of Canon releasing its official live streaming software for Windows, Fujifilm has updated X Webcam Utility to version 2.0. Available for PC or Mac, the application turns any compatible Fujifilm camera into a high resolution webcam.
The new version adds a convenient settings control window allowing users to make adjustments to setting like film simulations, exposure, white balance, color temperature, and zoom, among others, without the need to touch the camera. The settings can easily adjusted via the window while the camera is still connected to the computer.
Once installed, and a X Series for GFX camera is connected via a USB, you can click on the X Webcam Utility desktop shortcut to open up the settings window. You can also configure the window to launch automatically at startup.
- Camera name
- Instant AF: Click to activate and momentarily perform Instant AF
- AE Lock: Click to lock AE settings and hold exposure
- Digital Zoom: Choose the magnification for digital zoom
- Exposure compensation: Click +/- button or move the Exposure Compensation slider up and down adjust exposure
- Film Simulation: Select a Film Simulation to be applied
- White Balance: Select a White Balance setting
- Color Temperature: Adjust color temperature when [Color Temperature] is selected in [White Balance].
- Auto Launch: The X Webcam2 settings window will open automatically when checked
The software is compatible with Windows 10 and macOS 10.12 and above. Compatible cameras include GFX100, GFX 50S, GFX 50R, X-H1, X-Pro3, X-Pro2, X-T4, X-T3, and the X-T2. You can download the latest version of X Webcam Utility here.