Today’s episode covers a range of film current event topics and some important food for thought for your film career.
In this episode, we talk about...
- James Gunn’s use of a hot take about his new The Suicide Squad as a marketing tactic and (differing) opinions about whether or not it was okay to do.
- General thoughts about filmmakers criticizing each other over social media.
- Varying opinions about The Suicide Squad.
- The update to the 2019 Macbook Pros that Apple just announced and tips on how to finance a Macbook if you’re buying it for school or work.
- How to handle vendors that don’t deliver what you need.
- The importance of learning which tool to use for which job as a filmmaker.
- Knowing when to be willing to pay more for gear, and the risks you take when you buy something cheap.
- How to best handle rejection, which you will face quite a bit as a filmmaker.
- Why what you do with criticism can define you and your career.
- When rejection can actually be a gift.
- The sometimes fine line between responding to rejection with polite tenacity versus plain rudeness.
Links to Resources:
- The Suicide Squad (2021)
- Please like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
- Check us out on Instagram
Ask us questions at email@example.com!