Two of the film industry’s most prolific producers—John Davis and John Fox of Disney's Jungle Cruise—tell us what goes into producing the biggest summer movies.
In this episode, we talk about...
- How these producers who work on movies with huge budgets and top stars still have to pitch their films and go through the same process as other filmmakers.
- How the two of them decided to become producers and what their early inspirations were.
- Each of their earliest jobs in the industry and how they worked their way up.
- Fun stories about filming Predator.
- How Jungle Cruise came about, got pitched, and created a team together.
- The ways that even for big-name producers like Davis and Fox, the process of pitching to a studio is still competitive and difficult.
- Why you should see limitations as opportunities.
- Thoughts about how to respond to and learn from test audiences.
Links to Resources:
- Please like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
- Check us out on Instagram
Ask us questions at firstname.lastname@example.org!