Here's How This DP Did Something Nobody's EVER Done Before
Cinematographer Bianca Cline explains how she shot the feature film Marcel the Shell with Shoes On, which is now playing in theaters.
In this episode, we talk about…
- The necessities of stop-motion animation.
- Using a rotating camera around the subject.
- Incorporating stop motion into a live-action movie.
- Creating a visual language for Marcel the Shell.
- The idea behind making a documentary more cinematic.
- An insight into cinema from the viewpoint of a cinematographer.
- The power of music and cinematic language.
- Planning how individual parts will be stitched together during the editing process.
- Cameras used for shooting stop-motion and other scenes.
- Why Bianca decided to do this film.
- Advice for people who want to make documentaries.
Subscribe to the No Film School Podcast on:
Get your question answered on the podcast by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Listen to more episodes of the No Film School podcast right here:
This episode of The No Film School Podcast was produced by George Edelman.