Aputure heard your comments, critiques, and criticisms of their RC LED bulb and have decided to add a few things to the design.
Aputure's little RC LED bulb, which we saw back at NAB 2019, is getting a little makeover thanks to your feedback.
The bulb, which is RGB/HSI/color temperature changeable, dimmable, and app controllable, is pretty cool all on its own, but those who got a load of it at NAB had a few ideas that Aputure has decided to implement into its new design. Updates include:
- Buttons that allow you to change the intensity and color temperature
- A new gridded housing to make it easier to hold
- Increased power and intensity
- Medium base LED bulb
- TLCI: 96, CRI: 97
- RGB changeable
- HSI (hue, saturation, intensity) changeable
- Color temperature changeable (from 2800k to 6000k)
- App controllable including programmable animated lighting control
- Sync with other RC bulbs
- No Wi-Fi network needed, bulbs talk through a self-generated SIG mesh (Bluetooth) network
- Internal Lithium Battery powered (recharges when plugged into house socket)
- Flicker free (for high-speed recording)
The RC bulbs will be available by the end of summer 2019 for $79 and will be sold in kits of 2 and 4.
No Film School's complete coverage of CineGear 2019 is brought to you by:
Blackmagic Design, and Fyrfly.
Check out all of No Film School's coverage from Cinegear