Would you like to cut your footage offload time in half?
Whether you're shooting in 8K, at a higher frame rate, or just eager to get offloading done at the end of a long shoot day, faster is better.
A lightning fast professional media reader is key for RED camera users in particular.
Typical RED MINI-MAG card readers are single-slot, taking one MINI-MAG at a time. This, combined with USB speeds, can lead to relatively long offload times.
Sonnet announced a Professional Dual-Slot RED MINI-MAG® Thunderbolt™ 3 Card Reader that ingests footage from two RED MINI-MAGs at the same time at their maximum speeds, 1,060 MB/s. By nature of their being two ports, this cuts offload time in half.
And it's stackable.
The aluminum enclosures with dual Thunderbolt 3 ports allow you to stack and connect up to six readers in a daisy chain to a computer through a single cable. You could potentially ingest footage from four, six, or more cards simultaneously.
- Dual-Slot RED MINI-MAG reader
- Compatible with Mac® Windows®, and Linux® computers with Thunderbolt 3 ports.
- Built with rugged aluminum enclosures and dual Thunderbolt 3 ports.
- Compatible with older Macs with Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt ports when used with the bidirectional Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter and a Thunderbolt cable.
- Include threaded mounting holes to support installation in a standard rack shelf, enabling side-by-side mounting of two readers in 1U of rack space.
The SF3 Series – RED MINI-MAG Pro Card Reader is available July 15 priced at $299.
DITs and RED enthusiasts weigh in: Are you going to add the new SF3 Series to your workflow? If you're already using a Sonnet reader, how's its reliability been for you? Let us know in the comments below.