Guess What’s Inside Tom DeLonge's Camera Bag
Angels & Airwaves and Blink-182 frontman Tom DeLonge has serious G.A.S.
Which stands for "gear acquisition syndrome." How do we know this? We got a look inside his camera bag.
It's not a bag. It's a closet!
Turns out DeLonge is a bit (hah!) of a gear nerd.
Here's just a small list of the gear that can be found in his closet:
- Cine prime lenses of the Zeiss and Canon flavors
- Bright Tangerine matte boxes
- A slew of lights, stands, tripods, and support rigs (might as well run a rental house at this point)
- RED Epic Dragon 6K
- Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera 4K
- Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera (apparently, his favorite)
DeLonge got into filmmaking and video and film gear after making a music video in 2004 for Taking Back Sunday's song "This Photograph Is Proof" and found the process "so artistically satisfying."
I know the feeling. My favorite part of the video is when DeLonge says, of the RED camera, "I look a lot better in 8K..."
Oof.. getting a bit "gassy" myself.
How did you get into the filmmaking world? Leave a comment and let me know!