I'm going to be launching a Kickstarter campaign sometime in late July, which will be my first crowdfunding effort. Other than backing projects, however, I don't have much experience with crowdfunding. Thankfully plenty of previous campaign-runners have shared their fundraising experiences on the web; these articles collectively add up to a sort of "crowdfunding best practices." Joey Daoud at Coffee and Celluloid is responsible for the first three posts, from which I pulled the above graphic (about average donation amount):
- Behavior Patterns of Kickstarter Funders
- How to Figure the True Cost of a Kickstarter Project
- My Kickstarter Experience: The Good, Bad, and Ugly
- Miao Wang On The Secrets of Her Kickstarter Success
- David Branin's Crowdfunding Cheat Sheet
(Thanks @grking for the fifth link)
[via Filmmaker Magazine]
Check-Out: Microphones - Best Deals this week
With any & every B&H purchase You will automatically be entered into the Monthly Gift Card Raffle.
Thanks for the links, and thanks for posting that fifth link. I hadn't seen it before. Good luck with your project!
May 25, 2010 at 10:52AM, Edited September 4, 7:26AM