April 8, 2014

NAB Video: Limelite Brings LED Daylight Tube Fixtures to Your Lighting Arsenal

There's a lot of LED lighting companies out there, but we haven't come across any doing quite what Limelite are doing here: putting high output, high CRI leds inside of a form factor that everybody is used to in fluorescent tube fixtures. Ryan Koo spoke with Tim Haskell from Limelite on the NAB floor to get the scoop, click through to watch the interview:

As always, let us know what you think of Limelite's products, and stay tuned to all the news from the Vegas floor by checking out our NAB master post.

NFS's coverage of NAB 2014 is brought to you by My RØDE Reel and Limelite. Subscribe to the No Film School YouTube channel for the latest video updates direct from NAB, as well as filmmaker interviews, tutorials, and behind-the-scenes features.

So... that kicker is looking pretty nasty green.

April 8, 2014 at 9:40PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Zach

Like to know if that is there's or what it is.

April 8, 2014 at 9:41PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Zach

Limelite dude... It's all in the name.

April 8, 2014 at 10:43PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Jordan Oliver

LOL

April 8, 2014 at 11:02PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

stewe

Seems like good stuff, but just a tad above my personal budget at the moment.
The interview was conducted rather bad by the way. Was sometimes hard to keep watching due to it.

April 9, 2014 at 2:49AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

The interviewee came off as somewhat antagonistic. He almost seemed peeved to be answering questions. Maybe just awkward, but it was kind of hard to watch.

April 9, 2014 at 6:56AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Joseph Moore

MacTech LED has a similar line of products.

The ladder light I've seen on set before. Pretty nice light. Curious to see what Limelight offers.

Have to agree with Jeroen that this was a bad interview. I don't think the interviewer was that knowledgeable about lights. I did see some green but I think that was coming from the house lights because it was casting on the heads.

April 9, 2014 at 7:40AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Thanks for the report! I found the interview … pretty decent for a run and gun situation. And as to judging the color of the lights DURING a show with about 500 other light sources? Hmmm, maybe not a good idea. We have no idea what color settings the camera was using either. Real world product reviews will tell a better story.

April 11, 2014 at 6:00PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Erik Stenbakken

$1400USD for a sub-90 CRI light? It's nice to see more companies bringing out products (ultimately I think it helps filmmakers both in cost and competition to bring out the best)...but why would I get one of these instead of a Diva400 (which after buying 4 daylight and 4 tungsten balanced tubes is about the same price)? Divas are 95 CRI, come in their own case...etc... If newer companies come in, they need either a superior product or a superior price (I won't settle for inferior products, but if the price was cheap, I know many people would accept some shortcomings...)

April 17, 2014 at 8:35PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM