Zacuto Just Took An Additional $700 Off Their Gratical HD EVF Pre-Order Price
If you've been hesitant about ordering a Zacuto Gratical HD EVF because of the price, it just got a whole lot cheaper.
Originally set at $3,600 for pre-orders, they've just dropped that by $700. Though it will be nearly $4K when it's actually released, you can get the 1280 x 1024 Micro OLED EVF for $2,900 if you pre-order by January 15th.
Den Lennie over at F-Stop Academy got a hold of one early and provides some great insights in this review:
And here are the specs of the EVF:
- 0.61" OLED EVF
- 24-Bit RGB 1280 x 720 Resolution (Full display is 1280×1024)
- HD-SDI & HDMI Loop Through & Cross Convert
- Zebra, Vectorscope, Waveform, Histogram
- Peaking, False Color, Test Pattern
- LUT Creation and Import
- Audio Meters
- Four Programmable Buttons
- Built-In -1 to +4 Diopter Adjustment
- ARRI Rosette & 1/4"-20 Mounting
- Powers from Included LP-E6 Battery
- Availability: January 2014
- Price: $3,800 ($2,900 during pre-order until January 15th)
Here's the Zacuto video if you missed it:
A lot of people said it last time, and I'm sure more will say it this time, but this isn't a budget product, and was never meant to be. This is an EVF that has performance matching or exceeding EVFs produced by companies like RED and ARRI, and thus it has a price to match as well. They will have a budget version with a lower-res screen, the Gratical LT, and while they've mentioned it should come in under $2K, it's not available just yet, and price is still TBD.
Head on over to the link below if you'd like to pre-order the Gratical HD.