The Lumix G Vario 12-60mm f/3.5-5.6 has a pretty wide range for an everyday lens, with a full-frame 35mm equivalent of 24-120mm (though for video shooting the variable aperture can be tough if you're trying to shoot wide open and zoom in):
Covering wide-angle to telephoto perspectives, the lens' design incorporates three aspherical elements and one extra-low dispersion element to reduce spherical and chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range for increased clarity and image sharpness. Additionally, an apt POWER Optical Image Stabilization system compensates for the effects of camera shake and is also compatible with cameras featuring Dual I.S. for robust stability to benefit handheld shooting in difficult lighting conditions.
MTF charts for the lens:
- MFT Mount, Covers MFT Sensors
- 24-120mm Full-Frame 35mm Equivalent
- Aperture Range: f/3.5 to f/22
- One Extra-Low Dispersion Element
- Three Aspherical Elements
- POWER O.I.S., Dual I.S. Compatible
- Splash and Dust-Proof Construction
- Rounded Seven-Blade Diaphragm
- Availability: May 2016
- Price: $500
When you combine this lens with a body that is also splash and dust-proof, you've got a combination that can survive in some pretty difficult environments.
The lens will be available in May at a cost of $500.