Shoot, Edit, and Write About It: No Film School is Hiring a Technology Editor/Video Director
The fastest-growing filmmaking website in the world is hiring.
In five years, No Film School has gone from 0 to 5 million pageviews/month, and we’re just getting started. Our roadmap includes many exciting new initiatives and we are hiring a new team member in the Technology Editor & Video Director role to work in New York City alongside our new staff.
No Film School is the leading website “by filmmakers, for filmmakers.” We publish the latest news, tutorials, interviews, and videos to help our readers become better filmmakers — “no film school” required. Please see our media kit for more information on the history and growth of the site.
Technology Editor & Video Director responsibilities
- Write. We are an online publication, which means your primary responsibility many days will be to contribute written pieces in the fast-paced online news world. Your primary "beats" will be Editing & Post-Production and Cinematography & Cameras, where you'll be sharing your knowledge and techniques with millions of readers.
- Shoot and edit video content: interviews, roundtables, behind-the-scenes profiles, news coverage
- Create tutorials and how-to content using video assets, screen recordings, voiceover, and graphics/animation
- Review production and post-production tools, software, apps, and services
- Build relationships with advertisers and partners, writing sponsored posts where applicable
- Identify and prioritize time-sensitive content from feeds, social media, email, and other breaking-news sources
- Interface with the editorial team about coverage plans, calendars, initiatives, and areas of opportunity
- Cover the technology beat for segments of our weekly podcasts
- Travel to cover premiere festivals (e.g. Sundance, SXSW) and events (e.g. NAB, CineGear)
- Build, oversee, and update a "buyer's guide" section of the site with recommended production and post-production tools; maintain a product database of relevant film/video tools
- Oversee the production equipment needs of No Film School, make purchasing recommendations
- Interact on the Boards with community members
- World-class abilities with Adobe Creative Cloud, including Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, and Photoshop
- General knowledge of post-production tools and techniques
- Extensive firsthand knowledge of cameras, from inexpensive DSLRs to high-end cinema cameras
- Real-world production experience on sets and in the field
- Proficiency with web-based content-management systems and tools
- Advanced written communication skills
- Capacity to self-direct and perform at a high level in a variety of roles
Brooklyn, New York.
Full time, salaried, with benefits.
How to apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “video” in your subject line.