Apple vs. Microsoft: Who Wants Filmmakers More? [PODCAST]
In this episode of Indie Film Weekly, we compare the releases of the new Macbook Pro and Microsoft Surface Studio to a high school popularity contest.
Outside of the hardware battle for filmmaker allegiance, co-hosts Jon Fusco, Emily Buder, and yours truly, Liz Nord go to the front lines of the Dakota Access oil pipeline protests to find out why police are targeting journalists and shooting down drones. We also discuss the death of Vine, the birth of Kickstarter Live, and, in our Ask No Film School segment, what you should expect to pay for a short film screenplay. Tech writer Charles Haine joins us to bring the latest gear news, and as always, we update you on upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- 5 Really F*cking Great Movies You Could Never Find on Netflix
- Kickstarter Live Lets You Crowdfund in Real-Time
- Joel Edgerton of 'Midnight Special': Filmmaking 'All Comes Down to Point of View'
- Final Cut Pro X Gets Full Redesign for 10.3
- The New MacBook Pro: Thinner, Faster, and All Thunderbolt
- Microsoft Surface Studio is the Full-Screen Touch Control Creatives Have Been Waiting For
- Painting Footage: How Viable is Microsoft Surface for Color Grading?
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
- Tribeca Film Institute Grants - 11/6
- Chicken and Egg Pictures Acceleration Lab - 11/9
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals