Completely Re-Designed Director's Monitor Cage v2 Available for Pre-Order
Wooden Camera's DMCv2 is a huge upgrade in materials and design—and at the same price point.
Wooden Camera has just released its upgrade to the Director's Monitor Cage v1 for pre-order, in advance of showing it on the floor at NAB 2017. The DMCv2 is designed to be universally compatible with any monitor up to 9 inches. Here is a partial list of compatible monitors:
- Blackmagic Video Assist
- SmallHD DP4, DP6, AC7, DP7
- TVLogic VFM-056W/WP, VFM-058W
- Ikan D5, VK7i, VH8, VL5, VX9e
- Odyssey 7, 7Q
- Atomos Samurai, Ninja, Shogun
Wooden Camera really put some thought in this complete redesign from v1 of this product. Some of the standout features are:
- Ships mostly pre-assembled
- Can attach via the top, bottom or rear ¼-20 mounts
- Can be directly mounted to Convergent Design Odyssey and Apollo
- Built-in baby pin clamp with locking thumbwheel for light or c-stand mounting
- Improved, wooden handles replace the foam covered v1 handles
- V-mount and Gold Mount attachments
- Teradek mounting bracket
- Adjustable sun-shade is included
- Tool-less design
- Padded neck strap
The intelligence of the design is clear, watching the product release video:
Most adjustments are made with thumbwheels or clamps and the entire package folds up quickly for transport, with the sunshade doubling as a protective cover.
The system even allows for a dual monitor set-up.
- Weight: 1179.34g (2 lbs 9.6oz)
- Dimensions: 279.4 x 177.8 x 101.6 mm (11 x 7 x 4 in)
The entire package looks like a functional and economical option for on-set monitoring and it is definitely a huge upgrade from v1. We'd like to hear your thoughts about it in the comments.