Our Pick for Best Mirrorless Camera & A Golden Globes to Remember [PODCAST]
This episode of Indie Film Weekly reveals all the latest gear from CES 2018.
Jon Fusco and yours truly, Liz Nord discuss one of the most memorable Golden Globes ever and other awards season news, as well as the group of industry women coming out against the #MeToo movement. I also answer an Ask No Film School question about holding public screenings before your festival premiere. Charles Haine joins us to preview the new film and video gear being released at this year’s CES, including a very unusual entry from Kodak.
As always, the show also brings news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, industry wisdom, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- Golden Globes 2018 Winners: 'Three Billboards' Goes Home with 4 Wins, Including Best Drama
- Top DPs Deakins, Morrison, Kaminski and More Reveal Lessons Learned On Set
- KitSplit’s Most Popular Rental Gear Confirms Hotness of Sony A7SII
- 5 Useful Gear Rental Insights from ShareGrid's 2017 Data
- Meet the Director Who Proves Everyone Can Act, If Only Given the Right Character [PODCAST]
- 'Blame': How a 20-Year-Old Made the Hottest Film at Tribeca Instead of Going to Film School
- DJI Announces New and Much Improved Osmo Mobile and Ronin-S Gimbals
- GoPro is Officially Done With Drones
- Say Hello to the New, Even More Filmmaker-Focused GH5S
- Bitcoin mania comes to film with Kodakcoin
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
- Screen Australia’s Feature Film Production Program - January 22
- LEF Moving Image Fund: Production & Post-Production - January 26
- Doha Film Institute Grants Programme - January 28
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- Nashville Film Festival - January 12
- The New Orleans Film Festival - January 12
- Palm Springs International Short Fest - January 15
- BLAME - January 5
- Wonderstruck - January 12