In this episode of Indie Film Weekly, Cinegear 2018 offers filmmaking tools for all budgets.
Jon Fusco, Erik Luers, and yours truly, Liz Nord discuss the unexpected indie hit en route to becoming Magnolia’s highest-grossing film, how cinemas may actually be doing a disservice to great cinematography, and a new platform helping filmmakers make money. Charles Haine joins us fresh off the plane from Cinegear to report on all the latest in video tech from the expo, including some big announcements from Panavision. Charles also answers an Ask No Film School question about which audio editing software to choose for a documentary.
As always, the show also brings news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, industry wisdom, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- Apply to AFI's Two New Programs Created to Support Female Cinematographers
- The Most Important Qualities You Need as a DP According to ‘13th’ Cinematographer Hans Charles
- Why Sundance-Winner 'NANCY' Alternated Aspect Ratios to Ratchet Up Tension
- ‘RBG’: Directors Betsy West and Julie Cohen on Capturing the Life and Legacy of an Icon
- 20 Life-Saving Tips for Indie Filmmaking from the Co-Founder of Slamdance
- Slamdance Founder’s Opening Night Wisdom is Tough Love for Filmmakers
- Panavision Upgrades Lots of Glass and More to Support Flagship DXL 2 Cameras
- Shoot Night Exteriors on Wall Power with the YeGrin AR-600 6 Light LED
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
- AFI Cinematography Introductory Intensive for Women - June 15
- Southern Documentary Fund Research & Development Grant, Production Grant - June 15
- Women In Film Film Finishing Fund - June 15
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- Atlanta Film Festival - June 14
- Calgary International Film Festival - June 14
- Mill Valley Film Festival - June 15
- Bernard & Huey - June 8