G-DRIVE from G-Technology are G-reat storage options for filmmakers.
G-Technology offers multiple SSD and hard drive options in its G-DRIVE series—all portable, all awesome. Most filmmakers will desire a more rugged drive for stability and the G-DRIVE ev is the answer with an outer bumper that offers protection for a 6-foot (2-meters) drop. It's a USB 3.0 drive with transfer rates up to 425 MB/s and storage capacities up to 2TB and costs $650.
If you want something that's a little more rugged that can fit into your pocket, the G-DRIVE Mobile SSD R-Series has an IP67 water-and dust-resistance case, protected for a 9-foot (3-meters) drop and touts a 1000 lb crush-proof rating. Capacities can go up to 2TB ($749) with transfer rates of 560MB/s. A reversible USB-C port with a USB 3.1 gen 2 interface provides connectivity and it also comes with a USB 3.0/2.0 cable adapter for backward compatibility.
G-DRIVE ev Features
- Interface: USB 3.0, SATA
- Transfer Rate: Up to 425MB/s
- Compatibility: Mac OS® 10.9 +, Windows® 10, 8.1, 7 (via reformat)
- Dimensions: 5.14" x 3.29" x 0.65"
G-DRIVE Mobile SSD R-Series Features
- Transfer Rate: Up to 560MB/s
- Compatibility: Mac OS 10.10+, Windows® 10, 8.1, 7 (via reformat), USB-C, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt3
- Dimensions: 3.74” x 1.97” x 0.57” / 94 x 50 x 14.5mm
More of No Film School's coverage from the NAB showroom floor: