Atomos Drops Bombshell Shogun 7 with 5.7K ProRes RAW
Let’s look at Atomos’ revolutionary new Shogun 7 monitor and recorder.
While just last week it looked like Atomos was tying up loose ends with its pure monitor products with the new Shinobi SDI (read more here), the brand has dropped a bombshell a few days before NAB 2019 with their new Shogun 7.
Not only are we looking at a monitor which can record up to 5.7K ProRes RAW, but it will also reportedly handle up to 4K at 120fps and 2K for 240fps super slow-mo. (With 10-bit 4:2:2 up to 4K at 60fps to boot.)
Introducing Shogun 7
Designed for use either as a live recorder and switcher for events or as your go-to stand-alone field monitor, the Shogun 7 looks to be a true 7” monitor/recording beast. The Shogun 7 will also make use of increased dimensionality with a 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio, 15+ stops of dynamic range, and a brightness of 1500 nits.
- 7" 1920 x 1080 Touchscreen Display
- 10-Bit FRC Monitor Processing
- 4-Input HD Switching
- Quad-Link 4 x 3G/6G-SDI, 2 x 12G-SDI
- 4K HDMI Input/Output
- HDR Mode, Dolby Vision Output
- 1500 cd/m² Brightness
- DCI 4K up to 60p / 1080p up to 240 fps
- ProRes Raw / Raw / CinemaDNG / DNxHD
- Dual Sony L-Series Battery Slots
- Price: $1,499 (Pre-Order)
The Shogun 7 will be available in June, 2019.