Box Office Smarts for Filmmakers—Or How to Make Your Movie When Something Like it Bombed
Why is there such a weird fixation on the box office numbers from the first three days of a film’s release? We don’t think a film’s success should be determined this way.
And the podcast is also on YouTube:
In this episode, we talk about…
- How some films that did poorly the first few days at the box office became popular afterward
- Putting too much pressure on the box office release
- How to pitch a film that is similar to another movie that previously flopped
- When pitching , remember the phrase “similar but different”
- Challenges that actors have to endure
- The top four pieces of editing software for film
- Why DaVinci Resolve is the best overall editing software
Subscribe to the No Film School Podcast on:
Get your question answered on the podcast by emailing email@example.com .
Listen to more episodes of the No Film School podcast right here:
This episode of The No Film School Podcast was produced by George Edelman.