How to Identify Your Filmmaking Voice and Expand Beyond It
Filmmaker, actor, and writer Cherien Dabis shares how navigating clashing cultures and embracing multiple perspectives expanded her voice and helped grow her career.
In this episode, we talk about…
- How dangerous stereotypes inspired Dabis to become a storyteller
- Embracing the outsider perspective in both Arab and American cultures
- Transitioning from festivals to working with comedy legends
- Seizing opportunities to learn and a reminder to not take yourself too seriously
- Advice for managing the waiting game between gigs
- Staying true to yourself and knowing the people who want your voice will find you
- Honoring the choice to say no and being responsible about what you create
Subscribe to the No Film School Podcast on:
Get your question answered on the podcast by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Listen to more episodes of the No Film School podcast right here:
This episode of The No Film School Podcast was produced by George Edelman.