With the DJI Avata just announced, we knew loads of DJI drones would go on sale. And we were right!
If you're a cinematographer looking to get into aerial photography, FPV racing, or something that mixes both, we found a few drones that will fit the bill.
- Up to 4K60p Video & 48MP Raw Stills
- Tri-Directional Obstacle Avoidance
- Anti-Collision LED Light & 128GB microSD
- 22" Landing Pad & Optics Cleaning Kit
- Regulation-Friendly 8.8 oz Weight
- Remote Required & Not Included
- Up to 34 Minutes of Flight Time
- Rotating Gimbal for Vertical Shooting
- Slow-Motion Video at Full HD 1080p120
- Up to 7.5-Mile Range with OcuSync 3
Take to the skies with extra protection and storage space with the DJI Mini 3 Pro and this robust accessory kit. It includes the Mini 3 Pro drone without remote, a SanDisk 128GB MicroSD card, Lume Cube STROBE anti-collision light, an optics cleaning kit, and a 22" drone landing pad.
The Mini 3 Pro already comes with a tri-directional obstacle avoidance sensor system, which is further enhanced with the Lume Cube STROBE. The light attaches anywhere on the Mini 3 Pro via strong 3M Dual Lock adhesive. It allows the drone to be seen from over 3 miles away with multiple modes to make bystanders and other pilots safer. The integrated camera of the Mini 3 Pro features a 1/1.3" sensor with HDR support, dual native ISO, an f/1.7 aperture, and large 2.4μm pixels. The aperture and pixel size allow a considerable amount of light to enter the sensor, which reduces noise to elevate image and video quality in low-light situations, in addition to delivering stunning results in optimal lighting conditions.
- Fly in First-Person at up to 87 mph
- FPV Goggles V2 Included
- Record 4K Video at 60 fps
- 150° Super-Wide FOV
- RockSteady EIS for Smooth Footage
- Up to 6.2-Mile Range with OcuSync 3.0
- Front & down Obstacle Sensing
- Emergency Brake & Hover
- 3 x Flying Modes (N/S/M Mode)
- Color-Customizable Exterior Lighting
This was DJI's first foray into the FPV space. The drone can speed across the sky at up to 87 mph, and even at this blistering speed, DJI's RockSteady EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization) technology will help ensure the footage you capture is smooth.
You can capture video on an optional MicroSD card (up to 256GB) at 120 Mb/s. Whether you want to experience breakneck racing or leisurely tours of beautiful terrain, the FPV Drone gives you an intimate experience, unlike traditional piloting. Using the bundled FPV Goggles V2, you get a first-person view of what the drone sees, with footage that makes it feel like you're the one flying through the sky. The onboard 4K60 fps gimbal camera can send low-latency video to your goggles for a near real-time experience, and the 150° super-wide FOV lets you take in and appreciate the scope of the vistas you fly over.
- Lightweight Design at Under 9 oz
- 12MP / 2.7K Quad HD 3-Axis Gimbal Camera
- Up to 30 Minutes of Flight Time
- Remote Controller & 3 Batteries Included
- Stream HD Video from up to 2.5 Miles
- 360° Propeller Guards for Extra Safety
- Precisely Hover with Downward Vision/GPS
- DJI Fly App with Multiple Flight Modes
- Perform Cinematic Moves with a Tap
- Access to SkyPixel Social Media Platform
If you're looking for affordability, the Mavic Mini is still around and is a perfect entry drone for budding aerialists. Weighing in at under 9 oz, the Mavic Mini's weight class is both lower and safer than many other drones, which may exempt it from certain regulations (always check local regulations prior to use).
This freedom of flight is combined with a stabilized 3-axis gimbal and sophisticated flight modes that can achieve up to 12MP images, 2.7K Quad HD videos, and complex cinematic shots with just a touch in the DJI Fly app. Another advantage of the Mavic Mini's size is that it can stay in the air longer. The Mini drone features up to 30 minutes of flight time on a full battery charge. The included controller is designed to work with Android and iOS smartphones, letting you easily fly the drone while maintaining a low-latency HD video feed from the gimbal from up to 2.5 miles away.
- Close-Up Filming Indoors or Outside
- Ultra-Wide 4K100p Stabilized Video
- Propeller Guards for Safe Flying
- Up to 6.2-Mile Video Transmission Range
- Downward Sensing Obstacle Avoidance
- Emergency Brake & RTH Safety Features
- Up to 18 Minutes of Flight Time
- 3 Speed Modes from 17.9 to 60.4 mph
With the DJI FPV Drone offering a new experience for shooters and racers alike, DJI wanted to expand on this experience. The DJI Avata FPV Drone is the new addition to the cinematic/racing family and lets creatives safely film steady, ultra-wide 4K stabilized video indoors or outside, in and around objects.
Sporting what some call a "cinewhoop" design, the Avata comes in a palm-sized form factor with all four propellers protected with attached guards. This allows for close-up filming indoors, near people, and through small openings without risking damage or injury to people and property. If the Avata does come in contact, it can just bounce off and keep flying. For a more immersive experience with intuitive controls, you can opt to pair the Avata with optional Goggles 2, FPV Goggles V2, and the DJI Motion Controller.