What’s the most effective way filmmakers can explain what they do, to people who don’t understand the industry? How do you argue against the notion that “film is not a real industry"? What’s the best way to approach a film course, so you can get the most out of it?
In today’s episode, No Film School’s Charles Haine, GG Hawkins, and Jason Hellerman discuss:
- Educating your family on what it takes to write a screenplay
- Navigating outsider opinions on the film industry
- Why we can still love filmmaking even if we aren't “Spielbergs”
- How to get the most out of any film course you take
- The most common defense mechanism of a filmmaker
- Embracing the knowledge that you will always be learning
- Why we can’t fathom the fact AI is writing screenplays
Subscribe to the No Film School Podcast on:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Listen to more episodes of the No Film School podcast right here:
This episode of The No Film School Podcast was produced by GG Hawkins.