Editor Eddie Hamilton tells us about cutting Top Gun: Maverick, building his career, and working with Tom Cruise.
In this episode, we talk about…
- Making the jump from editing shorts to major blockbuster films
- Advice for setting your bar high and doing the best work you can possibly do
- Ultimate escapism and which movie made Hamilton fall in love with the film industry
- Whether shooting IMAX footage changes the direction of the story
- Little stick jets, iPhones, and other tricks used during filming Maverick
- Working with heavy hitters of the film industry and the one-person committee of Tom Cruise
- Passion, hard work, and delivering a great night at the movies
- Cutting scenes for the big screen and why every second matters
- Stress testing scenes to provide an emotional journey for the audience
- Reshooting until it’s exactly right to create the perfect movie
- Editing tips for filmmakers and helping your audience connect to the characters
Subscribe to the No Film School Podcast on:
Get your question answered on the podcast by emailing email@example.com.