NAB Show 2020 will officially take place online starting May 13.
According to NAB, the platform is free and is "designed to engage the NAB Show community by offering 24-hour access to premium content curated and customizable for the global media and entertainment community."
The event is being brought together by Brightcove and Frequency, and will host three education channels that mirror traditional NAB Show experiences. The channels will include:
- BEIT Express: a channel focused on broadcast engineering and information technology
- NAB Show Experience: Educational sessions, product innovation showcases, and interviews with industry trailblazers
- And Tech Talks, a NAB Show Live Special Edition about NAB community influencers.
NAB says each channel will feature eight hours of content streamed daily and available on-demand to accommodate the global NAB Show audience. The show will also be releasing multiple podcasts throughout the two day event.
The digital platform is said to host more than 100 educational sessions, including interactive panels and select sessions originally slated for NAB Show in Las Vegas. There will also be a NAB Show Express Solutions Marketplace to offer exhibitor profiles, company-hosted events, press conferences, and a place to offer new products.
By registering for the event attendees will have access to industry-related white papers, articles, webinars, guides, and research reports. Additionally, organizers say it will feature three standalone training and executive leadership events that will require a different registration. These include:
- Executive Leadership Summit (May 11), produced in partnership with Variety
- Cybersecurity & Content Protection Summit (May 12), produced in partnership with Content Delivery & Security Association (CDSA) and Media & Entertainment Services Alliance (MESA) - registration fees apply
- And Post | Production World Online (May 17 – 19), produced in partnership with Future Media Conferences (FMC), registration fees apply.
Registration opens April 20 at NABShowExpress.com.