Canon to introduce new cinema camera during Canon Vision event.
Canon will be revealing details of a new cinema camera at its Canon Vision event on Thursday, September 24th, 2020 2PM CEST / 8AM ET / 5AM PT. The virtual show comes shortly after Canon's release of the EOS R5 and R6 full-frame mirrorless cameras. What significant about the date is Sony will be shipping the a7S III.
According to Canon, the live event is "ideal for broadcasters, cinematographers, independent filmmakers, videographers and more" where attendees will "learn more about the camera and explore Canon’s full range of Pro AV products and solutions."
The two day program will include six live sessions with imaging professionals that will discuss everything from industry challenges to post-production workflows. The schedule is as follows:
Thursday, September 24th
- 15:00 CEST - Elisa Iannacone: What a camera means to me for journalism - Elisa shares her experiences of Canon’s new cinema camera and the XA55, and how they support her as an on-the-go solo shooter.
- 17:00 CEST - Jolade Olusanya: The first production with Canon’s new cinema camera - Jolade takes us behind the scenes, shooting with Canon’s new cinema camera in the mini-documentary “Give this heart a pen”.
Friday, September 25th
- 10:00 CEST - Juan Luis Cabellos: How full frame influences cinematography - Juan explains the benefits of full frame technology in the EOS C500 Mark II and how it works in harmony with Canon’s Sumire Prime lenses.
- 12:00 CEST - Ollie Kenchington: How the EOS C300 Mark III positively impacts workflow - Ollie speaks about how his production workflow has been enhanced, thanks to the EOS C300 Mark III.
- 14:00 CEST - Simeon Quarrie: How the new tech supports low budget production - Simeon dissects how the tech in Canon’s new cinema camera and EOS R5 allows him to capture the shot, whatever the scenario.
- 16:00 CEST - Daniel Ehimen: Nollywood: The trend and future - Daniel shares his experience of using cameras from the Canon Cinema EOS range as storytelling tools in the Nollywood film industry.
You can register for the event here.
What to expect from the new Canon EOS Cinema Camera?
Unlike Sony, who teased its new FX6 with only an image and few details, Canon has already held press conferences that detail the new camera. Unfortunately, No Film School cannot talk about it until its release, but it's nice that Canon has slated an event for it. From the photo alone, you can expect internal variable ND filters as well as two XLR inputs for audio.
But what do you think will be part of the new EOS cinema camera? Let us know in the comments below.