The strikes took a lot out of us all, and in conversations with fellow creatives, I know there was a lot of collective worry about what Hollywood would look like after they ended.
In today’s episode, No Film School’s Jason Hellerman speaks with acquisition executive and script consultant, Evan Littman, to discuss:
- The difference between large studios and indie markets
- How indie films are made
- Why you should not submit a short
- Castability - why you need to write roles for specific actors
- The reasons you need representation as a writer
- Why it’s a seller’s market right now if your script is ready and it’s a banger
- Having a basic understanding of production costs
- Log lines we don’t like
- Carving out your own little corner of Hollywood
Subscribe to the No Film School Podcast on:email@example.com.
Listen to more episodes of the No Film School podcast right here:
This episode of The No Film School Podcast was produced by GG Hawkins.
- Why Are the Writers Striking? ›
- SAG-AFTRA Sets Strike Rules–What Indie Productions Need to Know ›
- In Hollywood, Anything is Possible! ›