Want To Ask Cinematographer Rodrigo Prieto Anything? Here's Your Chance
The Irishman cinematographer will be doing an AMA on May 14th.
When NAB Show 2020 was canceled due to the pandemic, instead of closing its doors fully, organizers switched to a virtual event. NAB Show Express will take place over 2 days starting May 13th and includes over 200 different sessions to tune your filmmaking skills.
Let's Talk Cine is one of those sessions, and it has a pretty stellar lineup, including cinematographer Rodrigo Prieto, a frequent collaborator with Spike Lee, Ang Lee, and Martin Scorsese. His last film with Scorsese was The Irishman, where they took deepfakes to a whole new level and de-aged the story's iconic actors using a 3-in-1 camera rig.
On Thursday, May 14th, the Oscar-nominated cinematographer will be part of an Ask Me Anything (AMA) session starting at 1 pm ET/10 am PT. The best part? It's free.
Another noteworthy session will take you behind the scenes of Netflix's Ozark, with a panel that includes cinematographers Ben Kutchins and Armando Salas, production designer David Bomba, and director Ben Semanoff. The filmmakers will discuss how they adapted the look for Season 3.
Here's a look at the Let's Talk Cine schedule:
Wednesday, May 13th
- How is Virtual Production Changing Television: Learn how shows like Run and The Mandalorian are changing the landscape of television production. (1 pm ET/10 pm PT)
- One-Man Crew Tips and Ticks: Filmmaker Nigel Dick shares the do's and don'ts for one-man crews. (2 pm ET/11 am PT)
- Behind the Scenes of Netflix's Ozark: Find out how filmmakers created the look of season three. (4 pm ET/1 pm PT)
Thursday, May 14th
- Rodrigo Prieto Ask Me Anything: The cinematographer opens up the floor to questions. (1 pm ET/10 am PT)
- Remote Production and Post While Safe At Home: Learn the latest tips and workflows for working at home. (4 pm ET/1 pm PT)
Two other discussions that are worth a look stem from the Future of Cinema sessions. The Ascent of Cinema panel will explore both the technical and creative future of cinema, while the Navigating the New Normal panel will discuss how they see the industry moving forward from the pandemic.
Registration is free, and most events will be hosted through Zoom, allowing you to pop in and out as you please. Pants optional. All the available panels can be found on the NAB Show Express session page.