What alternatives to Creative Cloud do you like?
This week we dive into consent on film and TV sets, the nature of nudity and violence onscreen, plus how to navigate options if Creative Cloud isn't for you.
In this episode, we talk about…
- How Nathalie Emmanuel from Game of Thrones recently stated that just because she was nude in the show doesn’t mean she would do it for other shows, and how this is opening up conversations about nudity in film.
- Why nudity should always be a fresh negotiation for each new contract.
- The interesting fact that our culture allows more violence than nudity to appear in mainstream films.
- The double standard of male nudity versus female nudity on TV.
- When nudity and violence are necessary for a film and when they are excessive.
- How intimacy coordinators can keep workplaces that deal with sex scenes safe for actors.
- How Adobe Creative Cloud is quite expensive—but arguably priced right for business.
- How Resolve by Black Magic is a free, alternative option for editing that works well.
- Pixelmater Pro, which is fairly cheap and an awesome alternative to Photoshop for light edits.
- Tricks for working in white spaces which can be very tricky to light.
- The importance of lighting control - to shape where the light is going - when you must shoot against white walls.
Links to Resources:
- Movies & TV HBO's Intimacy Coordinator Reveals Her 'Sex' Kit For Movies and TV
- More about BlackMagic’s DaVinci Resolve
- More about Pixelmater
Please email us any questions at email@example.com!