Cinematographer Ben Davis shares what his process was like as the DP of The Banshees of Inisherin, which is currently in theaters.
In this episode, we talk about…
- Comparing the flexibility of a small film versus a larger film
- Being open to change even with a structured plan in place
- Capturing the idea of loneliness and isolation with cinematography
- Why Davis doesn’t work against the light source
- How they got the digital format to look like film
- Choosing the color palette with the director, Martin McDonagh
- What it was like working with Clint Eastwood in the film Cry Macho
- A powerful lesson about ego
Subscribe to the No Film School Podcast on:
Get your question answered on the podcast by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.