Paramount has a new CEO, and Canon has a wild new autofocus feature.
In this episode, we talk about…
- How Paramount is restructuring—the chair and CEO is being replaced. The new CEO has an interesting story, having ascended from being a child actor in the 90s to a director, to this current position.
- How Paramount has joined “the Streaming Wars” and is trying to create more content for their digital platform to get more viewers subscribed.
- Why we might see a lot of reboots of older Paramount movies.
- Whether the Streaming Wars are the death of art or a great way to get more movies and shows produced.
- Disney has announced they’re going back to theaters! This is following them releasing full-length movies on Disney+ for an upcharge during the pandemic.
- How long you used to have to wait for a new movie to come out on VHS/DVD versus the new model, in which Disney can release a movie in the theater and then on its streaming service about 45 days later.
- Canon has rolled out a new camera called the R3 which is mostly a stills camera and, while it may not be the highest-resolution camera on the market, it’s great for filmmakers.
- This camera’s amazing technology of scanning your retina in the viewfinder to try to keep in focus whatever you’re looking at, and how this feature has upsides and downsides.
Links to Resources:
- Please like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Check us out on Instagram
Ask us questions at email@example.com!