In today’s episode, No Film School’s Charles Haine, GG Hawkins, and Jason Hellerman speak with filmmakers Matt Hirschhorn and Eric Cohen, who used No Film School's How to Write a Screenplay in 10 Weeks to write their film Wine Club.
We talked about:
- The origin of Wine Club and how Matt and Eric's reverse engineered the film
- How the limitations and parameters of shooting a micro-budget film are liberating
- Staying calm in the face of a literal storm during a rain out in California
- Cultivating a ‘no assholes’ policy during filming
- Having the entire film edited by the Second AC who had no prior editing experience
- Why they are considering self-distribution
- Their trick for shooting very quickly
- Not knowing how the cast would work together before filming
- Attending film school in North America as an immigrant
Wine Club | Official Red Band Trailer - HD
Subscribe to the No Film School Podcast on:email@example.com.
Listen to more episodes of the No Film School podcast right here:
This episode of The No Film School Podcast was produced by GG Hawkins.