Here to celebrate the 35th Anniversary 4K Blu-Ray release of the beloved Back to the Future trilogyis its writer and producer Bob Gale.
He gives us his own origin story, including his years of collaborating with Robert Zemeckis, which led up to their big hit. He highlights the integrity of executive producer Steven Spielberg, who made Back to the Future the first Amblin production.
Bob Gale has been a protective gatekeeper of the franchise and he explains why. Make sure to stay until the end, because he drops some of the purest and most valuable storytelling wisdom you're likely to find anywhere.
Learn more about Back to the Future here!
- No, Back to the Future Doesn't Have a Giant Plot Hole
- John Mulaney Analyzes Back to the Future...and It Gets Weird
- Great Scott! Learn How to Re-Create the Back to the Future Time Slice Using Practical FX
- Watch: In Honor of Back to the Future Day, Here's an Awesome Hoverboard VFX Tutorial
- Watch: What Are the Greatest Movie Gadgets of All Time?
As always, send us any questions and leave a comment!
Please subscribe and rate us on iTunes, or the podcasting app of your choice.
This episode of The No Film School Podcast was produced by George Edelman and Jeffrey Reeser.