If you're a fan of Zhiyun, then you've most likely heard of/wanted/bought one of their most popular gimbals, the Weebill Lab, a versatile stabilizer that can not only handle mirrorless and DSLR cameras but is also very affordable. Now, the company has unveiled a new and improved version of their flagship gimbal, the Weebill S, which boasts motors that offer 300% more torque, an upgraded algorithm that allows for faster and smoother operation, and much, much more.
Check out the promo below:
The Weebill S has many of the same interesting features that made the Weebill Lab so enticing, including a lightweight design, multiple operational modes, and of course, that adorable mini-tripod.
However, Zhiyun builds upon the successes of the Weebill's predecessor by outfitting the S with brand new motors that boost torque by 300% and speed by 50%, an upgraded 8th Instune algorithm that provides higher responsiveness and "eliminates jitter", and a brand new TransMount Image Transmission Module that allows users to wirelessly stream 1080p30 video over 328'. (This is an optional accessory.)
It also features some exciting developments in its software, though, keep in mind, that each of these requires the TransMount Image Transmission Module:
- ViaTouch 2.0: Allows you to connect your smartphone, your camera, and the Weebill S so you can adjust both gimbal and camera settings in real-time, including Follow Speed, Aperture, ISO, Shutter Speed, and more.
- SmartFollow 2.0: Allows object tracking with no need of balancing your phone onto a camera or gimbal.
- Sync Motion: A motion sensor control system that allows real-time monitoring and synchronous motion control at the same time.
- Rear underslung handle in compact design
- Upgraded motors and algorithm (300% more torque and 50% faster than Weebill Lab)
- Support for optional Transmission Module
- 6 Operational Modes: POV, Vortex, Go, PF, F, L
- Updated ZY Play App features
- ViaTouch 2.0
- SmartFollow 2.0
- Sync Motion
- OLED Menu Display
- 14-Hour Runtime
- Weight: 2lbs
This video should help you get more familiar with the Weebill S:
The Zhiyun Weebill S retails for $439 and will begin shipping at the end of October.