The 2012 Vimeo Festival + Awards are now open for entries. Divided into 13 categories, with each category winner receiving a $5k grant and one lucky winner receiving $25k, the submissions period runs until February 20, 2012. English (or English-subtitled) videos that premiered after July 31, 2010 are eligible. The launch trailer, and details:
Contest details, straight from Vimeo:
- Submissions will be accepted from December 13, 2011 through February 20, 2012.
- There is a $20 (U.S.) submission fee per video. The submission fee is $5 for Vimeo Plus and PRO members.
- Entrants can submit any original work that premiered anywhere online between July 31, 2010 and February 20, 2012, or any original work that has never been premiered. Videos that premiered online before July 31, 2010 are not eligible for submission.
- All entries must comply with the Official Rules of the Vimeo Festival + Awards. (We're typically not big fans of rules, but it's really important that you read these.)
- All submissions must be entered through www.vimeo.com/awards.
Judges will be looking for:
- Are based upon an interesting concept;
- Are innovative;
- Are well crafted; and
- Create an emotional resonance.
Link: Vimeo Awards