You thought your uncompressed HD or 2.5K was taking up a lot of space? That doesn't hold a candle to the kinds of data rates being produced by the new expertly named FOR-A FT-ONE. If you thought RED EPIC's 4K at 150fps or the Phantom 65 4K model at 144 fps, they are both way behind this behemoth. At 900fps, this is one ridiculously fast camera, and at that speed and resolution, the price tag is steep. Check out the videos below for more info.
Here are some of the specs on the camera:
- 4K (4096 x 2160) Global Shutter CMOS Sensor
- PL Mount
- Up to 900 frames per second
- 8.5 Seconds Recording at 900fps
- 30 Seconds Recording at 360fps
- uncompressed raw data on internal (RAM) memory
- SSD cartridges capable of storing 75 seconds at 4K, up to 150 seconds with two SSDs
- Simultaneously recording and playing back in full 4K resolution.
Somehow I seemed to have missed this one over the last few months, since the second video is from Cine Gear. It's clear that this is a professional tool, and with the price being over $100,000, it's going to be a rental for pretty much everyone unless all you're doing is high-end high-speed 4K work. It seems in some of the their documentation they were planning on getting the camera to record 1000 frames per second, but at the moment, 900 looks like the limit. Since there isn't anyone even in the ballpark of 900 frames per second at 4K, the FT-ONE looks like it's going to wear the crown for most fps and also the most data consumed. It's not clear what the bitrate is, so I can't do an exact calculation, but it's safe to say this thing is probably going to cost you Terabytes upon Terabytes.