Submit Your Teleplays Now to ScreenCraft's 2014 Pilot Launch TV Script Contest
If you're interested in getting some exposure in TV writing, you might want to look into ScreenCraft's Pilot Launch TV Script Contest. They are now accepting submissions for hour, half hour, webisode and non-traditional comedy and drama series pilots, which will be judged by executives, screenwriters, and consultants from NBC, HBO, and Funny or Die (just to name a few). The early deadline is coming up, so find out how to enter before time runs out.
ScreenCraft runs a handful of great film script contests throughout the year, consisting of great prizes and judges, and this contest for TV scripts is no different. They're currently taking submissions for drama and comedy pilots. All writers from anywhere in the world are eligible to submit their teleplays (though they must be in English). Here are a few details about the rules of both genre contests:
- Accepting 1-hour pilots
- Teleplays must be no longer than 70 pages
- Accepting half hour, webisode, and non-traditional pilots
- Pilots must be no longer than 40 pages
One thing you might notice from ScreenCraft's contests is that they always manage to assemble a great panel of judges. Judging this year's TV Script Contest is story consultant and NBC screenwriter Jen Grisanti, HBO development executive Ben Simpson, 3Arts Entertainment manager Ari Lubet, Kaplan/Perrone manager Taylor Benzie, Director of Development at Funny or Die Joe Farrell, and more.
And here's what's included in the First Place Grand Prize Package:
- $1,000 cash and a professional consultation with the ScreenCraft team
- Personal phone introduction to ScreenCraft's network of top Hollywood managers, agents and producers who specialize in TV development and production.
- Phone consultation with Jen Grisanti, who has sold dozens of pilots (two have gone to series), as well as helped over 40 writers get staffed on top TV shows.
- Early deadline: July 15th -- $39
- Regular Deadline: Sept 1 -- $45
- Late/Final Deadline: Sept 15 -- $65