Aputure came out with some pretty intuitive new products at NAB, namely their VS-5 monitor and Lightstorm LED lights, which offer high light output with smaller panels, as well as Touch to Plate LEDs.
- 1280x800 display (takes up to 4K)
- Waveform, color parades, vectorscope
- SDI in/out, HDMI in/out
- Power: DC/Sony lithium ion batteries for 4 - 5 hours of battery life (x2 batteries)
- Price: about $600
Lightstorm LED Lights
- Made of aluminium
- Dense honeycomb LED pattern allows for same light output with smaller sized panels
- More accessible control modules
- Touch to Plate allows LEDs to shoot out a 120-degree angle of light
- Price: $600 - $500
No word yet on when these products will be available, but we'll keep you posted.