Here are the primary features of Frame.io, which are included throughout the different price tiers, even the free version.
- Accelerated uploading in the browser for fast and efficient media file loading
- Cloud transcoding of video assets for guaranteed playback on any device; with support for professional formats
- Hover scrubbing for instant preview of clips
- Seamless drag and drop interface for simple manipulation of files, content and communications
- Private workspace for managing separate projects
- Time-based, frame-specific comments and annotations for clearer communication
- Side by side version comparison for clear, simple view of changes between versions
- Integration with FCPX
Frame.io offers a free plan with 2GB of storage and 3 collaborators, but their paid plans range from $15/month to $150/month depending on how many collaborators you have and how much storage you need. You can learn more about and sign up for Frame.io over on their site.
Be sure to check out our comprehensive post with up to date information about all NAB 2015 announcements.