If you're a bit wary of screenwriting contests and fellowships, ScreenCraft's track record of successful participants might help you shake your apprehension and cynicism. Last years fellowship received more than 2,000 applicants, and many recipients of their fellowship have gone on to secure agents and managers at top companies. This is the 3rd year of ScreenCraft's highly successful fellowship, but this year might prove to be something truly special, seeing as the crack team of judges and mentors, there to help advance the careers of emerging screenwriters, includes Academy Award winners as well as sponsorship from world-renowned screenwriting guru Robert McKee.
Judges & Mentors
- Geoffrey Fletcher: Academy Award-winning screenwriter of Precious and Violet & Daisy
- Diana Ossana: Academy Award-winning screenwriter of Brokeback Mountain
- Robert Moresco: award-winning screenwriter of Crash and producer of Million Dollar Baby
- Lawrence Grey: film producer with two recent seven-figure spec script sales to his credit
- Ari Lubet: literary manager at 3Arts Entertainment, the company behind such TV shows as Orange is the New Black, Parks and Recreation, Louie, The Mindy Project, and Silicon Valley
The judges and mentors aren't the only thing of ScreenCraft's fellowship to get excited about. There are lots of plenty of prizes that are sure to incentivize you. Recipients will receive a $1000 writing grant and an all-expenses-paid trip to Los Angeles for one-on-one screenplay development and mentorship some of the folks listed above.
ScreenCraft is currently taking feature film screenplays (up to 140 pages) and TV pilots or mini-sereies screenplays (up to 70 pages). Anyone from anywhere in the world is eligible to enter, however participants must be 18 years or older and screenplays must be in English. Here's a pricing breakdown of the entry fees:
- Early Entry fee (November 1): $39
- Regular Entry Fee (December 30): $55
- Late Entry Fee (January 15): $70
For more information check out the Terms and Conditions at the bottom of the ScreenCraft Screenwriting Fellowship page. If you're interested in participating, be sure to get your applications in by January 15th, 2016, 11:59PM PST. You can submit yours here.