Swamped on set, engrossed in an edit, or vanished into a production vortex, but still want to stay on top of indie film news? We got you.
Welcome to the premiere episode of Indie Film Weekly! Hosted by No Film School Founding Editor Ryan Koo and me, Editor-in-Chief Liz Nord, we keep you updated on what’s happening in the world of indie film, as reported by and for filmmakers. From headlines, to new gear, to important deadlines, we make sure you're caught up.
This week, we share indie analysis of both the Film Independent Spirit Awards and the Oscars (plus #JusticeForFlint); announce some exciting changes on—literally—our own doorstep; update you on this year's Berlinale, Europe’s second largest film festival and market; and give you a rundown of the latest filmmaking tools, upcoming deadlines and indie releases. And here's the interview we mention in the show with Tangerine co-Director of Photography Radium Cheung, HKSC.
Show Links & Mentions:
- JuicedLink Little DARling Wireless Audio Recorder
- Litepanels 1x1 ASTRA Bi-Color LED Light
- SmallHD 7" Monitors: 701 Lite & 702 Lite
- Sigma 50-100mm f/1.8 Lens, 30mm f/1.4, & MC-11 E-Mount Lens Adapter
- Sony AXS-R7 Recorder
- RED SCARLET-W Camera
Upcoming Deadlines: Opportunities
- TONIGHT at midnight EST: IFP Filmmaker Labs
- March 4: IFP Screen Forward Labs
- March 4: Cannes Producers Network
- March 7: Film Independent: Fast Track (Members only deadline)
- April 29: Make Your Own 'Star Wars' Fan Film
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants
- Rolling: Sundance Documentary Film Fund
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- March 7: Brooklyn Film Festival (final deadline)
- March 9: Palm Springs International ShortFest
- March 10: Southern Circuit Tour of Independent Filmmakers (final deadline)
- March 1: We Come as Friends
We’re a new show, so please let us know what you would like to hear more (or less) of in the comments below. What indie film news is important for you to stay on top of each week?