Sometimes all you need to elevate your project to the next level is a safe space with dedicated resources and nothing to distract you from your work. The Made in NY Media Center at IFP's headquarters in Brooklyn is just that. Complete with a Media Arts Gallery, a screening room, classrooms, a cafe, and community workspaces, it's pretty much everything an aspiring filmmaker could ask for.
Today is the last day to apply for IFP's 2016 Indiegogo Film Fellowship, which grants a free six-month community workspace membership to the chosen fellow. At a regular rate of $150 a month, that's a $900 prize!
Benefits of the Made in NY Media Center by IFP membership include a desk space, invitation to private networking and industry events, mentorship opportunities, access to all the Media Center amenities, and more.
The Indiegogo Fellow will be chosen by IFP and awarded based on the overall strength of the applicant's project and the project's core principals.
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Projects MUST be in film or related video content ONLY.
- Applicants MUST have or will launch an Indiegogo campaign.
- Applicants MUST commit to working a minimum of 20 hours per week at the Media Center for six consecutive months, from April 1st, 2016 to September 1st, 2016.
- Applicants MUST be open to collaboration in a shared workspace.
- Applicants MAY NOT be a current Media Center member.
These all seem pretty reasonable to us, and that 20-hour minimum work commitment could prove to be a huge source of inspiration. To get more info and to apply, click here.