Atomos empowering their current units with HDR capability and bringing the next unit in the Shogun lineage.
The Atomos Samurai Blade, Ninja Blade, Shogun and Ninja Assassin are receiving the free firmware treatment with a new operating system called AtomHDR scheduled for release in May. Atomos also adds the Shogun Inferno to their line of monitor / recorders. Inferno has all the features of the previous Flame, but adds some key things for video professionals like high frame-rate recording and quad SDI connections.
Atomos are also adding ST2084 PQ in/out for HDR & new WFM guides to the Shogun Flame & Ninja Flame with a new 7.1 OS. To support all this new HDR tech, they've got a new line of coiled 4k 60p HDMI cables with HDMI 2.0 speed and integration with the popular X-Rite i1Display Pro to help combat color drift.
Atomos Shogun Inferno — $1,995
- High quality 4K 60p and HD 240p ProRes and DNxHR recording (from either a video or Raw signal)
- 10-bit monitor (minimizes color banding)
- 7” 1500nit brightness; For Standard Dynamic Range (SDR) shooting ramp the brightness slider up to 1500 nit for hood-free outdoor monitoring.
- Raw to Raw CDNG recording up to 4K DCI/UHD 30p or 2K/HD 120p.
- Quad SDI lets you input from cameras with 1.5/3/6/12G SDI outputs without converters.
- AtomHDR; AtomHDR lets you shoot with the high brightness range of your camera’s Log profile and preview the final, vibrant post production HDR result.
- 4K 60p; Record and play out pristine ProRes / DNxHR in 4K resolution and 24/25/30/50/60p frame rates.
- Raw recording from Sony FS7/ FS700 and Canon C300MKII/C500 over SDI (ProRes, DNxHR or CDNG)
- Apple ProRes & AVID DNxHR recording; Record to visually lossless Apple ProRes or AVID DNxHD in Rec709 or Log formats as an edit friendly, visually lossless industry benchmark independent of the camera brand used.
- PQ in/out; Take PQ out into larger HDR compatible screens or feed HDR from your NLE into the PQ input for HDR grading using the Inferno.
- PQ (ST-2084) input that allows you to use Inferno as a grading monitor in Post.
- PQ (ST-2084) output standard HDR to compatible TVs and monitors.
- 3D LUT’s (.cube) viewable in full or half mode (output it to a monitor or record into the footage
- Continuous power (when one battery dies it automatically goes to the next)
- Shipping now
More of No Film School's coverage from the NAB showroom floor: