Why Your Film Isn't Getting into Festivals & Tips From a Guerrilla Filmmaking Legend [PODCAST]
This episode of Indie Film Weekly answers one of directors' most plaguing questions.
Jon Fusco and yours truly, Liz Nord discuss why the Emmys are actually worth noticing this year and what we should make of all the hubbub around Darren Aronofsky’s latest film, mother!. We also share wrap-ups from the Toronto and Camden International Film Festivals, including the movie made with 10,000 hours of surveillance footage. In Ask No Film School, we answer the perennial question of why your film isn’t getting into festivals. As always, the show also brings news you can use about new gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, industry wisdom, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- 'Big Little Lies' and 'The Handmaid's Tale' Win Big at 69th Annual Emmy Awards
- How We Hacked Production to Make a Full-Scale Spy Thriller for $100K
- 'Tangerine', 'The Florida Project' Director Sean Baker on Mastering the Art of Guerrilla, Run 'n' Gun Filmmaking
- Exploring 'The Most Dangerous, Exciting, Edgy Place' With the Brilliant Jane Campion
- When Small Victories Shed Light on Big Issues: Andrew Cohn on ‘Night School’
- 'Assassin’s Creed': Justin Kurzel on Keeping Your Vision & Breaking the Video Game Curse
- Jennifer Brea Filmed Her Sundance Premiere Without Leaving Bed — And it Saved Her Life
- So You've Made a Short Film—Now What?
- ARRI, Sony, and iPhones Dominate TIFF 2017 Cameras
- Sony Z90 Brings A9 Autofocus To Video for the First Time
- Atomos Announces Affordable Sumo 19M Production Monitor
- SmallHD Doubles Nits on 17" Production Monitor
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
- BAFTA Rocliffe Writing Film Call - September 26
- The Green Room Filmmaker Fund - September 30
- The Roy Dean Grant/From the Heart Productions: - September 30
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- Negative - September 22
- Night School - September 26
- Assassin’s Creed - September 23